Looking at doing kits for clients,looking for more ideas?

I'm working towards getting my doula certification and I've noticed that a few of the other ladies who practice around here give there clients little useful gifts. I've been trying to tell people that even after the birth if you have any hiccups with breastfeeding or for a few people bottle feeding that they can call me.
So I was thinking of little kits with my card and number. I was thinking for the breastfeeding kit some reusable breastpads, little bit of basic nipple cream, maybe a rice bag with maybe some lavender and I was thinking just a swaddling blanket. For the bottle feeding kit I was thinking of a small thing of dish soap,some anti-bacterial wipes, some kind of a bottle brush and then another swaddling blanket.

For the breastfeeding kits I'm expecting to go through more of them so they need to be things I can produce in bulk by making them myself.

So does this sound like the worst idea? Anymore ideas for the kits? Sound too much like advertising?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 12:54 AM on Mar. 14, 2013 in General Parenting

• As a breastfeeding mother I would want an info sheet. Like a list of acceptable medications to take and their lactation risk level. For gifts? Re usable nursing pads are good. Maybe a water bottle with your info on it? Nursing mama's have to drink tons of water.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:12 AM on Mar. 14, 2013

• I have always been told that breast milk is the best nipple cream. after all would you want lanolin or any other chemical/product in Your mouth?
    Remember a lot of breast feeding mommas are going for the more natural approach.
    Also a rice pad is nice- but why? Cabbage leaves work better. As does a hot shower and hand expressing.
    You may want to ask in this group about nursing gifts. They are chock full of licensed nursing consultants.

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:24 AM on Mar. 14, 2013

• I would make them all breastfeeding kits but I am biased. But please make them both of the same value. You could bake lactation cookies!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:29 AM on Mar. 14, 2013

• You also can get some lotion for the baby like the night stuff J&J has out that smells SOOOO good! The night magic smells good too. When my dd was a baby, I would rub the J&J lotion on my chest before I fed her night time bottle for added relaxation. IDK if it worked, but it sure seemed to work. She fell asleep before she was done.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:38 AM on Mar. 14, 2013

• @feralxat I was thinking more of making something then just lanolin. A lot of these ladies seem to cramp quite a bit in the first few days while getting started nursing plus heat pack for if they want to use it for their breasts.

@Michigan-Mom74 I like the idea of lotion. I'll look more into that.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 2:30 AM on Mar. 14, 2013