Do you ever get nostalgic about babies when your kids get older?

I had a moment like that today, only different.

I went to the Pet Store today with my eight year old basset hound and saw someone with a six week old basset hound puppy. It's not like I'm missing having a puppy because we have a husky puppy that I got my husband for Christmas. Sammy's just getting older and I'm worried about losing him someday. He such a good dog and I love him so much. He is my baby. I miss it when he was a puppy and so little and floppy and cute.

My only child is seven months old so I'm not really nostalgic for babies yet. Sorry for the mislead.

Cowgirl_Coyote

Asked by Cowgirl_Coyote at 4:24 AM on Mar. 14, 2013 in Pets

• Yes puppies and babies are hard for me to resist.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:01 AM on Mar. 14, 2013

• Nope
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:57 AM on Mar. 14, 2013

• I see a puppy, I want a puppy, and I don't even like dogs. There's just something about a little bundle of fur that's hard to resist.

Babies on the other hand, I get to the point where I think aw I wish I could have another - then I remember that sweet baby I see at Target (or wherever) is going to turn into a mouthy tween/teen someday. and the urge passes.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:25 AM on Mar. 14, 2013

• I have a 14 year old cockapoo that I adore, I often think that doesn't have much longer to live, so I spoil him to death...I recently had to put my Yorkie to sleep and it was one of the hardest things I have done, he was 16.....human babies on the other hand are my total weakness, I gravitate toward them like crazy....and sometimes my pull is not welcome.....I get it, I just can't help myself...

Answer by older at 10:29 AM on Mar. 14, 2013

• I feel the same way about puppies, kittens, & babies... I love to hold them & cuddle them... then hand them back to their parents/ owners & go home to my zoo of a house w/ my own 4 babies ( who aren't babies anymore) & my cat. lol
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 12:26 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• Babies, yes. Puppies, not so much. I've always gotten older dogs that were trained, since I needed service dogs--I don't think I'd have a lot of patience for a hyper, chewing, unhousebroken puppy!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:49 PM on Mar. 14, 2013