How do I get baby oil out?

I used baby oil on my sons scalp for his cradle cap...now his hair looks all greasy. I gave him a bath last night but apparently it didn't come out. Any help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yeah just baby shampoo. The little bit of moisture left behind helped my daughter with cradle cap. It was gone after 2 washes.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:28 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• baby shampoo and time. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• the only thing I could think of is Dish liquid since it cuts grease but you'd have to be EXTREMELY CAREFUL not to get it in you son's eyes. I think I'd just wait it out. It'll go away eventually.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 10:27 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• DO NOT PUT DISH LIQUID IN YOUR CHILDS HAIR.

Sheesh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• The only reason I said dish liquid is because she asked what would get it out and that's probably the only thing. My MIL accidently spilled a whole thing of sugar scrub in her bath and then only way to get the oil from it out of her hair was to wash her hair with dish liquid. I, personally, would not use it on my baby but seriously, it won't hurt the baby as long as it doesn't get anywhere near his eyes.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 10:34 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Just leave it... it will come out eventually. Think of it as a deep conditioning treatment..lol.
    GraciesMommy25

Answer by GraciesMommy25 at 10:39 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Put a couple drops pf vineger in the baby shampoo when you put it in your hand. I got baby oil in my hair when I was like 13 and mom dumped vineger on my head and I couldn't breath so only put a small amount in the shampoo after you pour it in your hand and make sure not to get it in the babies face. It should cut through it. It might restart the cradle cap though.
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 11:19 AM on Feb. 16, 2009