I Made a chore chart with stickers...

Seems to work fairly well, at least for my younger child who is not as profound as my daughter who is 7 years old. The five year old will come home now hang up his coat and book bag and put shoes in the shoe holder. Picking up toys and trash is something I still have to tell him to do. I wish that he could just automatically put trash in the trash can instead of on the floor. But at least he listens when I tell him to clean it up. My 7 year old daughter throws clothes all over the floor. I put a basket in the living room for her (she thinks while home she needs to be naked except for a diaper). she won't use the clothes basket and when I tell her to pick up her clothes she acts like she has no idea what I'm talking about and throws a tantrum.
Toys are still all over the place but at least my son picks them up when told and I did throw out a large number of old unused toys. I'm going to get a shelf today for videos because they seem to keep breeding on my floor lol. My son is a good help I just wish he would do more without me having to keep reminding him all the time. He should know that trash goes in the trash can and dishes in the sink. My daughter on the other hand, I have no idea. It's like trying to get a one year old in a 7 year old body to clean. She just gets upset and cries. Anyone have suggestions that I can try with either kid? My goal is a happy clean home. When the house is clean I am happy and we have more fun as a family and I can spend more time with my kids and less time cleaning every night.

AnonNdrag

Asked by AnonNdrag at 8:39 AM on Mar. 14, 2013 in Home & Garden

• We do tickets in a glass for our kids.

My 9 year old gets $1.00/ticket for scooping out the cat box.
    My 5 year old gets $0.50/ticket for feeding the cats and $0.25 for organizing the shoes by the door.

They get one ticket for doing each chore without being told and at the end of the month the tickets are redeemed for cash.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:38 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• You might have better response if you put this in parenting section. GL
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:18 PM on Mar. 14, 2013