Anybody have a child who continuosly puts their hands down their pants?

My 3 year old dd has developed this habit since she became potty trained and wears panties. She is not "touching" anything. Just walking around with her hands, usually down the back.

I tell her to quit a million times a day and she keeps on. Its embarrasing when she does it in front of EVERYONE!

Anyone else have this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• My son does this all the time. He is 3. I just tell him to get his hand out of his pants whenever I see him do it.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:29 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• My son is also 3 and does this. He'll be lounging on the sofa with his hands just resting in his underwear- I just ask him to take his hand out and USUALLY he'll listen.
    MooreTrio

Answer by MooreTrio at 10:31 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• my daughter is 3 and she always has her hands down there too.. im glad im not the only one
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 10:36 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• My son would do this and occasionally still does. I tell him to go and wash his hands every time I caught him doing it because we don't want bum germs on our toys and things. He got so frustrated with washing his hands that he eventually stopped doing it. Although he will do it occasionally now, but will go and wash his hands.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:56 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I have 6 boys. And out of them only two do it. My oldest two 7,6 are two old for it and my youngest two 19months and 5months are abit young but my 2,3 yr old do it all the time it's so embarissing but my 19month old is beginning to pick it up. And they usually do it when they get bored.

Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 11:03 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Normal...this too shall pass.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:18 AM on Feb. 16, 2009