I ate a dozen hot wings!

I'm almost 38 weeks-- Okay so Thursday I had my regular dr's appt and was 1cm dilated. Saturday morning I thought I was in labor so I went to the OB traige to be checked out, turns out I was in false labor but over 1cm dilated and my cervix was EXTREMELY soft! The nurse told me when she was checking to see how dilated I was, the baby's head was so low, it was in the way. She tried to move him, but he kept pushing back! She said I'd be delivering within the week. Well, yesterday I ate about a dozen hot wings, then got a huuuge burst of energy (that I still have) I've been nauseous for the past few days, and I'm having bad lower back pains, and what feels like period cramps.
What do you ladies think is going on? What else REALLY works to induce labor? besides hot wings.. Hah.

shessohippie

Asked by shessohippie at 10:33 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Mall walking works for some women. Did for me and for the lady who recommended it to me.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:35 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Patience. Stop trying to force your baby out, he'll come out when he's ready. We all had to wait (with the exception of some impatient and foolish women here) and you will too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• just be patient you only two weeks away you should cherish the time you have to yourself now because when that baby comes you wont have any time to yourself im due in a week and if i had my way he would come out at 42 weeks just so i could have more me time but im selfish like that
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 10:58 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I know this s ounds wierd but it has worked for like 5 people...lol.. My sister ate a bag of hot cheetos and bounced on a big exercise ball for a few hours...lol.... that night she went to bed and went into labor a few hours later!!
    dixieQT

Answer by dixieQT at 12:08 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• yes...yes...yes...symle456 is right. he/she will come when he/she wants to come out. don't push he/she out. take this time for yourself...yourself...see how i'm repeating yourself? haha. i had my first boy 6 months ago and i haven't had my 14hrs. of sleep since then. the most i get in one sleeping is 6-7...and oh my goodness, i am soo thankful for that. take this time for yourself. i can't emphasis that enough.
    rgie_wermager

Answer by rgie_wermager at 12:11 PM on Feb. 16, 2009