Medical issues.. adult content

totally over it.
had beautiful baby in january.
4 weeks post pardum i talked to my dr and discussed possible infection.
was put onto antibiotics for 7 days coarse.

symptoms came back.. and i continued to bleed lightly.. doctor had me rush back in and now i have to go today for a ultrasound to make sure my uterus is empty...

they are thinking possible i have placenta left behind causeing me issues..

just reminds me that nothing in life is ever truly simple lol

anyone have this issue or heard of this happening before? im hoping ultrasound shows nothing and its just a BV issue..

many of you can figure out who i am but im posting anon just so stalkers dont use my medical crap against me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Mar. 14, 2013 in Health

• No big deal. You go into the Hospital into Out Patient Services in the morning. The Nurse takes all your info & checks you then hooks you up to an IV. Then soon they wheel you into the OR. You count to 10 backwards & you are unconscious before you hit 9. Procedure takes 15-20 minutes then you go into recovery. They offer you a pain pill, I only took Tylenol. Then when you don't feel groggy anymore you can go home (after you can pee). It feels like a bad period. I had 3 or 4. I can't remember. A family member or friend stays in the waiting room to drive you home. If you go in at 7am you'll be out by 12 usually. I know a lot of Woman having D&C's a few months after a delivery too.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• Worst case scenario they do a D&C & you are better in no time. I had a few & one from a miscarrage that I just kept bleeding on & off. I hadn't bled for a while (besides my period) then I took a flight to go on vacation. When I got there I started to bleed. Than it stopped & it started again as soon as I got off the plane coming home. Once I had the D&C, I was fine. GL! :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:27 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• Oh, you will also have to go to the Hospital a few days before the procedure to have blood drawn, heart checked & blood pressure etc.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• I have heard of that happening, although it didn't happen to me personally. A few years ago I had a D&C with a biopsy and a hydrothermal ablation (they boiled out the inside of my uterus). Even with all that, it was a super easy procedure. If you have to have a D&C, you should be just fine. Good luck!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:53 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• thanks. im not sure what to expect with a D&C.. ive never had to have one before..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:31 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• I was never knocked out for my d and cs. Given a shot of phentalyn.
    Anonymous

• hmmm thanks for the info!! very helpful. i had the ultrasound done yesterday, the tech said my ovaries and uterus looks good and nothing really stands out to her, she did say she saw some fluid around the lining of the top of my uterus though.. my doctors are going to look over the pictures and call me within a couple days to discuss it with me.. (they may just tell me to let the fluid come out on its own since there werent any large pieces.. but we shall see) -- your answers about the D &C made me feel more at ease if that ever does become a possibility.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:26 AM on Mar. 15, 2013