Would you consider The Hardy Boys books to be a kid's series or adult books?

I went to a thrift store today and found one kid's book,and a Hardy Boys one. The kids books are 2 for $1. When I went to pay,she tried to say that it wasn't a kid's book,and I had to pay full price. I wasn't try to pull a fast one on the store,those AREN'T adult books. She said she'd give it to me for the 50 cent price,but she gave me a big sigh and the eyeroll. As if she was doing me a favor or something.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 14, 2013 in Just for Fun

• She's a dope. They are kid's books! I read the entire series when I was 10!!!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 2:17 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• No doubt they are books for kids.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 2:20 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• They are for kids. I read them as a pre-teen, and the Hardy Boys series on TV was also for kids.

Answer by Bmat at 2:19 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• LOL. Those are kids' books. Unless they're thinking the board books/simple early readers/Dr. Suess books as kids books and any sort of chapter book as an adult book?
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:21 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• They are youth books, and iirc, all of the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew books had that printed somewhere on the spine.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:23 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• I guess I read a few as a preteen. Did the store mean that only picture books were discounted?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• They're for kids 8-12 not adults although I did read a Nancy Drew a few years back just to see if it was as good as I remembered them. It sure wasn't like I remembered.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• Umm kids, does your husband read the Hardy Boys? My kid reads them and he is 8!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 2:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• definitely not for adults.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:20 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• Kids books.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2013