Just found out i had chlamydia

My doctor just called me, and told me I tested positive for chlamydia, super worried now, sad, hurt, but he prescribed me the necessary medicine asap, but i kiss my son on the lips sometimes, just pecks, and i called him asked him if he could get it from kisses, he said no not at all, that i had it in my genital area, but idk if they even checked my mouth, and i'm pretty sure if there was a chance my son could have it the doctor would have been on it and told me right away, because he did prescribe extra for my husband, but i can't help but worry still, anyone had this before and know for sure if my son would get it from just little pecks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Mar. 14, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Call or take your Son to the Pediatrician & ask them if you need to worry.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:44 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• Your husband needs to be tested, and if you are worried, have your son tested, too. If I am thinking correctly, the treatment is fairly simple. It will ease your mind to know for sure.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:19 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• What I would worry about is HOW you got it. Your doctor said you cant get it from kissing so why question the doctor?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• Well since you have a child and they test you for these things while your pregnant. I'd deffinatly be more concerned with how I got it. If your doctor said its not transmit able through the mouth I wouldn't worry.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 2:24 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• Good lord, how long have you been married? This is an STD, so I would assume that unless you were with your ex, like last month, someone has some 'splainin to do!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 2:52 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• i know how i got it, i got it from now my ex-bf
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:30 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• So you are not worried abut your DH cheated on you?

Answer by louise2 at 2:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• So you were never tested between the time you left your ex and met a new man and married him?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• no not at all
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• it's an STD. Unless your ex had it in his mouth and went down on you,then kissed you,it can't be transferred via saliva

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 14, 2013