Does anyone else turn into the incredible hulk when woken up?

it never fails. everytime i try to take a nap, some child decides they want to play with my kids and rings the doorbell. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. and our naptime varies, whenever i feel its needed. sometimes we dont even take one at all and MAGICALLY MY DOORBELL DOESN'T RING! i guess what particularly pisses me off today is that i put my kids down just before 1:30 (before my telephone interview) and two 10 year old girls came to the door right after. i explained to them then that my kids were sleeping and WE WILL COME OUTSIDE WHEN THEY WAKE UP. they are TEN. old enough to understand and adhere to that message, no? then why the HELL did they come ringing my doorbell an hour ago, waking my ass up, and my kids? i was so angry. im still angry that im awake because i can never go back to sleep when it happens, not to mention that they woke up the kids too. it always happens *just* when i start to drift peacefully.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 14, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I've been told I am impossible to wake up once I fall asleep on the couch. That's usually at nite tho & they draw straws to see who gets to do it, or they just leave me there. Hope you do well on the interview! Take a few deep breaths & maybe make up a little sign to put on the door when you are all napping. GL :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:55 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• I like the sign idea. I wish my 3 year old napped!!!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• I disconnected my doorbell for a while because we had ding-dong ditchers in the neighborhood who would always wake my daughter up from her naps. Instead of the doorbell that was wired into the house, I bought one from Wal-Mart that ran on batteries. The button could be stuck outside with adhesive tape, and I could put the ringing part in a drawer if my daughter as sleeping. It worked well.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:17 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• How old are your kids?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:54 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• 3, 4 & 6. the older two dont nap but my 3 year old does and she needs a nap still or she is like the tazmanian devil...
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• mrsmom- thanks but i had the interview already, and it went great! :)
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• Naps,,,,what are those?
    I haven't had a decent night's sleep, let alone a nap, in 12 years! ugh
    Guess I've gotten used to it, cause I don't turn into the Hulk.
    imamomzilla

Answer by imamomzilla at 8:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2013