im 8 weeks prego..is this ok to do? _>

sleep on your stomach?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• oh yeah... sleep on your stomach until it no longer feels comfortable.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:42 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• yes it is. there isn't harm from tummy sleeping, but it wont be comfortable the entire pregnancy lol. I haven't been able to sleep on my tummy since 15 weeks.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:43 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i pretty much slept on my tummy the whole time. Towards the end it was very uncomfortable so i couldnt anymore. Actually it didnt matter how i slept at the end it was uncomfortable no matter what. lol.
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 11:47 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i am 19 weeks and still sleeping on my tummy... I have been having back pains so my tummy is only way comfortable sometimes. I do have one leg positioned so that it holds up one side of my belly in order to not squish it...
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 11:48 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• ...don't sleep on your tummy...that's just me though. since i knew i was pregnant...?i slept on my side the entire time. i was afraid to hurt my baby boy. he is 6 month old now :)
    rgie_wermager

Answer by rgie_wermager at 12:12 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• yeah you can till you feel uncomfy i cant wait to sleep on mine again
    mommyny6

Answer by mommyny6 at 12:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• You shouldn't lie flat on your back after 16 weeks because the weight of the uterus can put pressure on the blood vessel that carries blood back to your heart from your lower body. other than that, the only restriction is your comfort. So yes, if you're still comfortable doing so.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:23 PM on Feb. 16, 2009