Which is worse

an earworm from a song you know well and all the way through (potentially the entire song looping through your head all week)

or

an earworm from a song you don't know except from hearing little snippets of it on TV (only a few lines or the chorus looping over and over)

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 7:00 PM on Mar. 14, 2013 in Just for Fun

• The one you don't fully know.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:02 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• Between a commercial that was on earlier and the end of this week's RuPaul's Drag Race, I have this horrible mash up of Taylor Swift and Willow Smith going right now - only 1 line from each.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 7:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• 2nd one
    Mine is that Mcdonald's one, "Fishy Fishay!"

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• The one you don't fully know.

This was actually the reason for my lack of sleep last night. I had a damn song going through my head all night.... Ugh...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• Mine is that Mcdonald's one, "Fishy Fishay!"

Well that's just wonderful.

We are never ever ever, getting back together, I whip my hair back and forth, fishy fishay
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 7:05 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• Oh dear Lord butterfly! You would have to say that! LOL
    I HATE that commercial!

The second one NP.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 7:16 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• The unknown song. I can deal with a whole song playing on my "mental" playlist even if it's a bad one. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:17 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• The one NP just created! Ugh...... lol
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 7:31 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• Yeah, definitely the unknown one. Having the same line or couple lines running through your head is just irritating as fuck. The rest of it just goes blah, blah, blablah, blah!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• The unknown one, definitely. That can drive you insane.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:43 PM on Mar. 14, 2013