Does Aldi's sell decorated birthday cakes?

My inlaws serve the most godawful cakes for their kid's parties,and this is the only place that i can think of that would sell those. I've had cakes from every other place in town,and they were good.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 8:18 PM on Mar. 14, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Aldi's doesn't sell any kind of fresh baked goods, only the usual pre-made bread and rolls.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:20 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• And to defend Aldi's, I really like the food you can get there... some very unique things.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:24 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• Are you sure they're not going to walmart? Theirs are typically awful.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:21 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• I've never heard of Aldis.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 8:29 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• PMS, Aldi started out as a discount grocery store. Back in the day, everything was more or less, "stock up" priced, you brought your own bags, etc. Now it's basically like any other grocery store. They have their brand, and they do even carry regular brands. Oh, and they used to only take cash. Their prices are still relatively low.... our store is always crowded!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• I got a cake for the nurse's at Albertson's and it was icky. The Wal-mart cake was much better.
    PMS- Aldi's is a regional market. We don't have them in Idaho either.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:49 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• Oh, wow... sorry butterfly. Ours is actually very nice and huge!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:29 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• Sounds like you should report the management of your Aldi's to corporate, because that's not even close to standard. We have one Kroger's in town like that - I drive past it to go to the one on the other side of town if I can't get what I need as Aldi's.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:35 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• No. Our Aldi store is super clean and they're always restocking and cleaning up. It's in a bad neighborhood but you can't beat the prices. Everything I've bought there has been super fresh, even the fresh produce ... compared to Safeway and Giant which had EXPIRED lunch meat several weeks old still sitting on their shelves. Food Lion has some pretty bad bakery items. That's where I would guess it came from. Why don't you just ask them?
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:24 AM on Mar. 15, 2013

• I don't think that they have cakes.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:10 AM on Mar. 15, 2013