I need help with a knitting abbreviation

I am knitting a lacy patterned dishcloth for my Mother. There is a term that I can't find anywhere online. I see it, but I don't see what it means.
What does that mean?

Asked by OnAJourney_4Him at 8:22 PM on Mar. 14, 2013 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Is it a typo maybe? I've seen it as k2tog - meaning knit 2 together.

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• I think Ginger may be correct. I looked online also and can't find the term. I thought it might be knit two together then purl, but I think typo is more probable. Look through the pattern to see if the term appears again, or if K2tog appears in similar work in the pattern.

Answer by Bmat at 8:58 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• I thought it was a typo as well. But, after googling it, I found a couple of patterns using this abbreviation and a blog post with this abbreviation in the post title. And every pattern I find it in, is a lacy pattern.

Comment by OnAJourney_4Him (original poster) at 9:41 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• I'll ask my SIL, but you could contact the company that makes the pattern or contact a knitter on Pinterest who you can chat with

Answer by silverthreads at 8:48 AM on Mar. 15, 2013

• Sorry, I couldn't help SIL has not heard of that term

Answer by silverthreads at 2:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• google?

Answer by staciandababy at 5:00 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• Are you using a pattern that was originally written in another language and translated to English? Check on DROPS - they specialize in multi-lingual patterns.  It may be a non-English abbreviation that didn't translate correctly, or else it's a typo for k2tog.

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:32 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• I agree that it must me k2tog - which is also used in a lot of lace patterns. Usually if you google the exact term, it'll come up with something. If not, might be a typo.

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 7:36 PM on Mar. 27, 2013