How much does the tooth fairy bring your child?

[this is obviously directed at those that do participate in the tooth fairy stuff]

my daughter lost two teeth today lol! the first one fell out this morning spontaneously. it was so loose anyway it was gonna fall out anyday. well its bedtime now and she just told me that her younger sister accidentally kicked the other one out! it was very loose also, but it does concern me a little that the spot looks different than the one that fell out naturally.

anyway i do a buck per tooth. so i guess the tooth fairy's forking over two bucks tonight. she got $5 for the very first tooth she lost last year, but i think thats because that was all i had lol

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 9:28 PM on Mar. 14, 2013 in Just for Fun

• The tooth fairy usually brings my kids different denominations that I don't carry. Like the gold dollar coins or a $2 bill.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:43 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• He got $5 for the first one and somehow there was a penny there as well. Now he gets $1.01 for the rest. The penny became a thing.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:01 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• $5! Freakin inflation! LOL!! When I asked around, a few of my friends did even more than that! I think it is too much. I like the idea of doing the $1 gold coins or even a $2 bill (both are easy to get just by asking at the bank). Another friend doesn't do money, but she does a new tooth brush or a school item.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:32 AM on Mar. 15, 2013

• $1 per tooth

Answer by missanc at 9:30 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• Yea!!! We gave our Son $2 for the first tooth then a lightening Mcqueen matchbox size car for the second a few moths ago. He liked the car better! LOL!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:30 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• moths=months, I'm typing in the dark :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:31 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• We screwed up with the first one with my oldest, so the tooth fairy brought $25 for the first tooth for each kid. $5 for others after that.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:33 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• I got two dollars for the first tooth when I was a kid, only because it wasn't loose at all and got knocked out when my tricycle went out of control and I hit a parked car at the end of the driveway. After that, it was fifty cents a tooth. My daughter hasn't lost any yet, but I suppose a buck a tooth is fair.

Interestingly enough, when I had to have a bad tooth pulled last December, my daughter asked me if the Tooth Fairy would pay mefor it. I said no, probably not, since it wasn't a baby tooth. She said that wasn't fair, opened her piggy bank, and gave me a dime and a penny. Melted my heart.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• My son has lost 2 so far. The first one he got $1 and the second he got $5 because that's all I had on me lol. Really he's lucky the tooth fairy had any cash at all! But he's only 4 and doesn't yet grasp the concept of money so when he only gets $1 the next time I doubt he'll notice lol.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 10:14 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• $3 in Tooth Fairy money (those gold $1 coins)
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:26 PM on Mar. 14, 2013