Best new mom Mother's Day gift and baby shower gift?

Hello! My sister in law is pregnant with her first baby and I want to get something meaningful for both occasions! I have no clue what to get her for Mother's Day but I think I am going to buy a decent sized plastic tote storage container and just start filling it with odds and ends that my husband and I have found helpful ( butt paste, boogie wipes, lanolin, different nursing pads, diapers and wipes extra socks, etc...). What do you think? What were some of your favorite things to include? Baby is due in August, baby shower is in June!

MamaRoberts

Asked by MamaRoberts at 10:05 PM on Mar. 14, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Jewelry!

Why does nobody ever give jewelry?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:10 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• One of the best baby gifts, wich I never would have thought to buy for myself, was a footprint kit. It came with a card, an ink pad, and a frame to put the baby's newborn footprint in.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:12 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• I would say no to jewelry because I am sure my brother in law will buy something like that for her and I would rather not steal his thunder...otherwise I love love love the foot print kit idea! She would love that!!
    MamaRoberts

Comment by MamaRoberts (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• May not sound great to anyone else but my hubby got me out for a facial massage the week before I gave birth. He said he wished he had the extra cash for a body massage sometime after like for a month or two after birth. I thought it was wonderful.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:58 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• Teething bling. Google it.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:36 AM on Mar. 15, 2013

• before reading that you're filling a tote, i would say gift cards. some people find them impersonal, but i love shopping.

after reading about the tote, those squeaky giraffes are one of the best baby toys ever. some of my favorite gifts were homemade baby blankets.
    maybe find out from your brother what her biggest/weirdest craving is and put something of that in there?
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 1:36 AM on Mar. 15, 2013

• Love the teething bling! That is def something that I might include!
    MamaRoberts

Comment by MamaRoberts (original poster) at 3:01 PM on Mar. 15, 2013