Do you find it odd or ironic that a church group would make a Harlem Shake dance video.....

When the meaning of the lyrics are essentially "dance with the terrorists"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Mar. 14, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• it may be discriminatory to those in Harlem and even make them feel that they are being made fun (even tho most videos dont include anyone doing the actual Harlem Shake)...but its not an ignorant white person making fun of "ghetto" black ppl thing. its a goofy ass song attached to a meme done by ppl of all races.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:11 AM on Mar. 15, 2013

• Then one needs to consider that people from Harlem that actually know how to do the dance correctly consider ALL of those suburban white parodies to be extremely racist and intentionally offensive.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:00 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• No, the meaning of the song is not "with terrorists" one phrase is "with terrorists".
    the entire beat led song is nothing more than a beat led song with a few random words for affect tossed in.

of course if one were looking for controversy one could stick with the classics.
    such as hotel california...
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:58 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• no, what she is suggesting is that the Afro centric community should be insulted by a bunch of people acting like spastic giraffes on roller skates attributing their spasms to the Afro American culture.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:08 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• I have only heard a tiny bit of this harlem shake song...and no lyrics -so I have no idea what it's about- if anything

*as for a church making a video for it- I have seen enough to know it does not sound at all right to me (but then I come from a church that thought dancing was a bad thing anyway)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:00 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• I think anyone who participates in a harlem shake video needs kicked in the face.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:03 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• invented by mainstream hip hop artists

no, they arent

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:16 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• I'm making my own video right now.....
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:30 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• I had no idea
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:54 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• what a shitty video LOL
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:56 PM on Mar. 14, 2013