I want to have one more baby

DH & I don't have any kids that are actually "ours." We love the children we have very much and I just feel like I would like one more to complete our family. DH isn't so sure since he has 3 kids & I have 2. (His oldest 2 live with their mom & only visit on the weekends and his youngest daughter we have half the time. My kids are with me full time.

So basically, we've got 2 kids at the house full time. We have a nicely sized house that fits all of us, so it's not space that he's worried about. I think we're mostly worried about people judging, (we already get Brady Bunch comments), I'm terrified of what my mom would say, (yes, I'm 34 & still afraid of her lol), and obviously, we would have to work out the finances. But what could I say that would help ease his fears and possibly bring him around to the idea of one more baby?

ABeaverhausen

Asked by ABeaverhausen at 12:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• You want another one to play in the toilet? lol
    Go for it!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:05 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• fuck what people say or think. if you want another baby go for it.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• Can't you just pretend it was an "oops?"

And honestly do you really care what your mother thinks?
    pixy_styx

Answer by pixy_styx at 12:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• You could just get drunk & have a night of passionate crazy sex! Look at me, it happened when I was 44! Go for it! When I went in for my first OBGYN appt., the girl that takes your BP said, so "you are 43 alomost 44 & are PREGNANT?? WOW, how does your Husband feel about this?" I smiled at her & said Why, what does it matter what he thinks, I'm very excited thank you!" So I got the old lady looks & OMG what were you thinking? I even got my own hospital room after I delivered. Maybe I was a bad influence on the younger pregnant Mom's. LOL! I really don't care what others think. I am so excited I have my baby girl. :) GL!!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• to hell with other people! if i wanted more and my husbnd was on board with me id go for it! id rather have my beautiful baby then to spend my life wishing i had.. just sit down with ur dh and discus the pros and cons, find out what is holding him back..
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 1:21 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• The pioneer women didn't care how many children they had. More hands to help on the farm.
    Anonymous

• I guess I am wondering why you feel the need for another. We all have different needs, including why or not we want more kids.
    Your husband may feel that 5 baby birds is enough to care for and it isn't like you have an empty nest.
    Your husband may feel complete with the family he has and nothing more is needed.
    I think this is something that you will need to sit down and talk about several times. Maybe have an initial discussion and then ask him to promise to just think about it for a week and then maybe you can talk again.
    There is no magic formula to convince someone of anything, and what you want might not really be the best thing in the long run. Only by honestly talking can you figure it out......
    Just getting pregnant is a convincing argument (I know you would not consider this) but dececption has a way of backfiring. GL
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:34 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• What matters most is what the 2 of you want. I'm sure your mom & any other doubters will love this baby. You're married & established & not trying to compete with the Duggars! lol :p I completely understand the need to have 1 baby that's from your union w/ your husb. I had 2 boys when we got married & he had a dau. We wanted 1 that was "ours" & I finally got my girl! :) She was the cherry on top of the family sundae. Go for it! And the trying is half the fun! :) GL!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:23 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• yay babies.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• I honestly can't explain my need for one more baby. I usually just end up convincing myself to forget about it due to money, schedules, (taking a year out from drinking wine), etc. But every few months, I just feel like we're not done.
    ABeaverhausen

Comment by ABeaverhausen (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Mar. 15, 2013