Tattoo & bfing??

im still breastfeeding my daugter.. and my dh and i got a certificate for tattoo for xmas.. we are moving out of state soon so we want o use them before we go.. plus we need to add our newest daughters name to our kid tattoos..

but can i get tattooed while breastfeeding?
ive heard of eople breastfeeding WHILE being tattooed because it releases endorphines??
but i didnt know how safe it is..

weve always gone to this one place for years, as does many family and friends because they are clean, sanitary, and do good work.

what are ur thoughts? (p.s im not looking to get a giant back tat.. i was just going to add her name to my foot.

Asked by nnh_mama at 1:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2013 in Health

Answer by staciandababy at 1:55 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• I'd call the Pediatrician & ask what they recommend. Maybe you just have to pump & save for a few days. Best to ask the Dr.

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:18 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• i think its ok to get a tattoo when bf.. i've never heard of anyone having a problem with it.. :) thats all i have to add! sorry!~

Answer by mampanda0422 at 1:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• i do have plenty of breast milk stored in case i cant feed her myself for that day or anything.. and i can pump to keep my milk up... i havent heard of issues with it either but id rather be ultra safe then sorry. i will call the pediatrician first. not worth risking babys health.

Comment by nnh_mama (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• I'm pretty sure it's fine, but I'd call and check just to be safe.

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:28 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• call your doctor

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2013