decorating a pink and brown bedroom

We are buying my DD a pink canopy bed that has brown butterflies on it.
I had thought about doing the walls pink and using butterfly stencils to make brown butterflies on the wall. Do you think that would be cute?
or do you have any ideas on what i could do?

mommyBrooke849

Asked by mommyBrooke849 at 10:50 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Home & Garden

• in mirandas room we painted the walls pink and green (i know i know but its what she wanted)onwall green the next pink then green it looks cool do one wall brown with pink butterflies and one wall pink with brown butterflies.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:53 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I think that would be cute! I would paint the base boards brown too though. Ohh wait! Maybe you can do alternating walls. two pink walls, two brown walls. Each with the contrasting butterflies and base boards!!
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:52 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i want to get chalkboard paint for baileys room so she when she starts writing on the walls i dont have to worry about it i can just wipe it off lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:55 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• thats a good idea jodi. right now her room is pink, orange, and yellow (sounds ugly but its soo cute) the top part of the wall is pink then we have the border in the middle then the bottom of the wall is pink and orange stripes, and the closet doors, window sills and baseboards are yellow. It matched her crib bedding perfectly. but now Im ready to give her a big girl room! lol
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 10:56 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• well it sounds cute i like the alternating wall idea. let me know what you decide to do
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:58 AM on Feb. 16, 2009