About eating during pregnancy?

My boyfriend gets on to me a lot about eating Ice cream or snacks like candy or chips, He tells me I need to be eating small meals instead of snacking on things that are not good for me, Is that bad? or as long as I'm eating something am I fine..?

MommyFirstTime

Asked by MommyFirstTime at 1:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Depends on if you do not care if you gain tons of weigh or not. Just because you are pregnant you do not need to eat everthing that isn't nails down. You should be eating healthy foods so your baby will have good nutrition.

Answer by louise2 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• He's right, You are Wrong. You NEED to eat nutritiously right now. Your blood pressure could rise (Preeclampsia) from too much salt. Your sugars could rise from too much sugar (gestational diabetes). You'll gain too much weight & be miserable & could cause complications during delivery. Talk to your OBGYN & maybe they can give you a meal plan or see a Nutritionist. This is another life you are responsible for. You need to start that life off healthy. Please talk to your Dr. about this. Get books on Pregnancy & read too. GL!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• BTW, You should be taking Prenatal vitamins daily too.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:01 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• What I've learned is that your body craves what it needs during pregnancy. Since you crave ice cream you probably need more dairy. Switch the ice cream for yogurt & try eating more cheese. Is it the salt you want or is it the potatoes? You might be craving carbs but, thinking it's the salt you want. Eating something like a baked potato with cheese, my help take care of both of those cravings.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:02 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• You need to eat sensibly for all the reasons the other moms have mentioned. It's alright to give into the not-so-healthy cravings too tho. (in moderation) I ate my share of Rainbow Sherbet & Milky Ways while pregnant with my dau. But now she has a terrible sweet tooth too. :/

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• You only need 300 extra calories daily during your pregnancy. The quality of the food you eat is more important now than ever before. You need 80-100 grams of protein daily too. You also need to take your prenatal vitamins, 4000IU of D3, probiotics, and Omega3 fish oils for a healthy pregnancy and baby.
    Look for more information here:http://ezinearticles.com/?Gestational-Diabetes:-Eat-Right-for-a-Healthy-Baby&id=7433015 and here
    http://ezinearticles.com/?Pregnancy-Nutrition-for-a-Healthy-Mom-and-Baby&id=7410041

It's not that hard but if you are craving sweets, you're missing out on some important foods-probably protein.
    Guruliza

Answer by Guruliza at 6:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• you must take full of iron diet take protein and carbs too you must take help of a dietician or homeopathic treatment

devxtreme

Answer by devxtreme at 1:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2013