Anything to do about headaches?

Is there anything special to help headaches during pregnancy, I seem to keep one on a regular basis.
I cant ever get rid of it, anyone?

MommyFirstTime

Asked by MommyFirstTime at 2:05 PM on Mar. 15, 2013 in Pregnancy

• If you're throwing up a lot, I would guess you might be a little dehydrated. That can cause some nasty headaches.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• Double check w/ your Dr., but I'm pretty sure all you can take is Tylenol. It could be sinuses too. I've been getting sinus headaches for about a week now. Feel better.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• First thing to try is to drink a glass of water and wait a bit. Dehydration is a very common cause of headache. If that doesn't take care of it, then call your Dr.'s office and ask what they recommend.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• Alternating a hot & cold compress on the head.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:23 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• Dehydration probably. Eating too much salt? Drink as much water as you can during the day. Cut out all salt including the sodium in drinks.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:28 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• I had headaches the first few months. Nothing helped.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• How far along are you?? Headaches can be caused by anything from dehydration to hypertension/pre-e... talk to your doc, make sure they are fully aware of this before doing anything else but drinking tons of water

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:44 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• If you can afford it, acupuncture is wonderful. Drink water with electrolytes. Eat plenty of protein-snack on raw almonds. Get plenty of rest and exercise.
    Guruliza

Answer by Guruliza at 7:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• This is going to sound stupid, but it might work for you. Take a clothespin, then find the place on the skin between the thumb and forefinger on your hand, you'll know when you pinch it because there's a little bulge under the skin that will roll and ache a little if you squeeze it. Clip the clothespin right on that spot, or pinch it between your other thumb and forefinger, and it will help with some headaches. It's acupressure.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2013