Looking for a support group for mothers with teens in my area 91307 adult content

My daughter is 16 and she is doing bad in school! 2 d's and 3 F's. She has never done good in school just fair but now is like she's falling on a pit and I don't know how to help her. I took her to a therapist when she told me she was depressed. The therapist sent her to a psychiatrist who prescribed medication for depression. She started meds about a week ago but we we're told it take about 3 months for drugs to take effect. In the mean time she's not participating in school or doing homework or assignments. I'm being told by teachers she just sit there and does nothing. I asked her why she's doing this, her reply is "I'm just lazy" I'm looking for a support group for moms with teens in my area that I can contact and get some help. I can just sit and see her waist her life doing nothing!!
By the way, we've taken lap, i-pod away, she does not go anywhere, (we can take that privilege away ) or does any extracurricular activities that we can take away! My husband offer her to buy her a car if she graduates from high school just yesterday. Her answer was, "I don't need a car", and that was that. I have contacted her high school about support groups and have not gotten an answer yet.
I need help, please!!!

Very worried mom

muzita

Asked by muzita at 2:07 PM on Mar. 15, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• Join a group on here

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• try meetup.com too....hug
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 2:44 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• Google
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2013