Being induce?? how does that works? does it hurts more than natural birth?

hi, im 20 yrs old and current mother of 3 kids and 40 weeks pregnant...
i had 2 of my kids at home, and the number 3 was in the hospital but it was a natural bith as well... but in this pregnancy i wanted to go to the hospital and do everything right this time... so anyway doctor said if the baby doesnt come out they will induce me next week.. and i am really scared! does it hurts more? what i should expect this time?

betinha

Asked by betinha at 3:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I have had three babies that were induced using pitocin and one baby that was born naturally with no meds and I can tell you that the labor with the induced babies was a thousand times worse. Hurt like HELL.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 4:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• I was induced, no epidural. I didn't think it was awful.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:03 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• Both of mine were inductions so I have nothing to compare them to, but neither of my labors were very painful. I wouldn't opt for induction unless it's necessary though, mostly because it can take FOREVER if your body isn't ready for labor. I was in labor 41 hours with my first and 36 hours with my second.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• my first was natural, and my easiest. last two were induced and much much harder and more painful. i had epiderals witheach but none of them ever worked.. i really need to see a doctor because i think scoliosis may be to blame.. if you ave a choice in the situation, i recommend waiting and no inducing..
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 4:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• Both my kids were induced. One at 39 weeks & one at 41. I went in the night before, had cervidil inserted (to soften the cervix). They started the Pitocin at around 7:30 am the next morning. Everything went smooth. I told them to increase the pitocin since I was feeling brave. Started having pain. Contractions came on fast, hard & strong. Got an epidural. I pushed 5 or 6 times & the baby was born around 11am. Both deliveries were exactly the same like clock work. If I had another baby I would request an induction. Easy & fast!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• If you're not dialated at all,it's going to be a long process. The pains can come fast and hard. Get an epidural ASAP

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• thanks... well i was worried about that too.. cause the last visit to the doctor they told me i should walk more to help me out to dilated faster... but i dont know.. i have some contraction but they are irregular so... still there is no sign that the baby wants to come... i am calm cause its not something new for me, but it a natural birth hurts a lot but our body is ready to deliver, but forcing our body with medice does seem like hurting a lot because our body isnt ready or prepared right?-- anyway thanks so much ladies... its nice to have different opions. :)
    betinha

Comment by betinha (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• I went into labor naturally with my first two, my 3rd was induced. It was no longer harder or more painful than the first two.

Answer by missanc at 6:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• According to research and you can get more information at www.lamaze.org, 60% of inductions fail and end in an unplanned Cesarean. So make sure you have a medical reason for induction. Waiting for labor to start on its own is easier for mom and baby. People don't realize induction is really hard on your baby.

Read more about the risks of induction: http://ezinearticles.com/?Labor-and-Delivery---Risks-of-Induction&id=7422212
    Guruliza

Answer by Guruliza at 7:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• Yes they gave me that when I had my daughter makes contections intesnse and.I had back labor also I was in labor 38 hours hurt but when I had her I do it again

angel707707

Answer by angel707707 at 5:38 AM on Mar. 16, 2013