Did you get married to your hubby even though you had complications in your relationship?

I know every one has their ups and downs. Me and SO decided we were going to get married this coming summer, and I am excited but we argue about the smallest things but at the end of the day its all good... Should I do it:( :-) mixed feelings...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• I thought we were perfect for each other. We lived together, and had bought a house a year before, and everything was going perfect. I bought my wedding dress, and a week later, things kind of fell apart. I didn't know what to do. I ended up marrying him, hoping things would work out. I spent a lot of years wondering if i made a mistake, and then I heard the statement, "It's not about find the 'right one', it's about loving the one you found". It's helped us out. I also like the statement "Would you rather be right, or would you rather have happiness, peace and haromony in your marriage?" I've learned not to even start a fight about a lot of stuff. Especially the small things. IT's not worth it. Hope everything goes well for you two, no matter what you decided.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• hi !! Just take it from me i have made i think one of the biggest mistakes we had all kind of problems before we got married we have been together for 5 yrs married 1 .and the problems we had then are still here they dont just go away cuz u get married i wonder hat the hell was i thinkin when i said i do ...i am in a place where i wish i wasnt now and just waitin for the best time to get out and start over...Probley not what u wanna hear but yes all relationships have there ups and downs but u gotta look at it this way as while is the good times happen more then the bad .Marriage is a quick fix take it from me its not ! i would reallly look at ur situation before u said i do .hope that helps !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I'm going through this exact same thing right now- pm me if you want. we were planning on a halloween wedding, I told him just this week that we should postpone the marrige until we have the kinks worked out. we're going to start therapy, and really try this year to work things out, and find a good comprimise for both of us. next year we're going to reevaluate.
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:26 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I married in spite of problems prior. Largely in part because I became pregnant. It was a horrible first 3 years, I thought what the hell did I do? Marring for a child is never a good thing. What may be a mole hill in the irritant arena, becomes a huge mountain after marriage. Marriage doesn't ever "fix" anything. With that said, you seem to have good conflict resolution skills. That is the key. If you both are willing to move forward together, honoring, respecting and adoring each other, in spite of arguments and tribulations that come along, as long as you can resolve them in love, respect and honor. Fights happen, it's if you both fight fair and can resolve your issues in the end that counts. My husband and I have learned through great trial and error how to resolve conflicts, fight fair, try to see the others point and respect and honor each other....it has worked wonders!

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 11:48 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• please please please do not get married until you know that everything is perfect. i mean i know nobody is perfect, but what i mean is that get married when you both know how to deal with arguments, how to read each others minds, how to finish each others sentences, etc. my husband and i didn't know any of this and we are getting to know each other just now. we are going through marriage counseling and this is our last resort cause if this doesn't work...we're gonna get a divorce and we have a handsome 6 month old boy and it is soo frustrating to no end that we didn't take the time to know how to be married. please...take my advice into heart...actually i'm gonna blunt and tell you do what i say. i just don't want another girl out there to end up like me. goodluck.
    rgie_wermager

Answer by rgie_wermager at 1:28 PM on Feb. 16, 2009