my baby is 9 months and i want to ask moms with older babies what did they do to control the babie's tongue so when they get older they wont keep it out

eben

Asked by eben at 11:01 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it depends on the child.. when my step son is playing with his toys, he is concentrating so hard that he still lets his tongue hang out.
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 11:02 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• What?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Do you mean when they are playing and such? Who cares? Its cute and their is NO way to control it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• they're just gfeeling fo rnew teeth etc. theres no way to keep it in.. its just anohter way babies exlpore... this is the stage they start putting everything in their mouths as well so keep an eye out..
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 11:06 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• What on earth are you talking about?

How many adults do you see who do this? Sounds like you are trying to push your kiddo into a mold.

Just let them be.. WTH.???
    StarMommy77

Answer by StarMommy77 at 11:14 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Yeah, I totally don't get the question. Who cares if a 9 month old sticks out hsi tongue. It's baby instinct. They all do it and eventually they all stop.
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 11:16 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• there is no way to control a babies tongue. His/her tongue is babies way of exploring the world. They learn through their mouths, that's why everything goes into it. All babies do it, after a while they learn how to control their mouths a little better and they do eventually stop. Don't worry about it, your baby is't going to stick his/her tongue out forever, just until he figures out what to do with it!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:48 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Don't worry about it. They'll stop doing it eventually. Now, if your child just leaves their tongue lifelessly lolling out of their mouth, maybe you should ask a doctor to check for nerve/brain issues. But, babies stick their tongues out and taste everything, and they'll pretty much stop doing that by age 2. They'll be much much better about it by 18 months old or so. But, at this stage, just enjoy the cuteness. There are many things you just have to "let go" of when parenting a baby. This is one of those things.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 1:09 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• haha, my six year old still lets her lil tongue hang out when she's playing... I try to tell her to put it back but it doesn't stay.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 3:09 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• hahaha my daughter is 9 months too and she always has it out but i think its cute! I think she will always have a problem with it because if my dad and grandmother are working hard they stick theirs out too!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 4:35 PM on Feb. 16, 2009