If your child was murdered in the SandyHook massacre or any of the recent shootings

and you saw their body dismembered, would your view on gun control be different?  In the Sandy Hook massacre, the first shot to the last shot took less than 5 minutes. 152 bullets 30 round magazine 4 times.
If Adam Lanza had only 10 round magazine available to him, he would have had to load 14 times. Its very possible more children would be alive today. We the people have had ENOUGH!

http://articles.courant.com/2013-03-13/news/hc-newtown-lanza-mass-murderers-20130313_1_adam-lanza-nancy-lanza-lanza-s-newtown

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Mar. 15, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• feral, there is a link at the bottom of the OP, it's not clicky though.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• It's hard to say what I would feel if my child were murdered. However, after grieving for a period of time and getting past the worst part of my loss and learning to live my days without my child in my life I would have to look hard at my own motives for wanting what I want. While I understand that many people find guns threatening and scary, I also know that when shit goes bad I call a number where they send men and women equipped with GUNS to either protect or serve me. I can rationally look around and see that there are many crimes committed with firearms that were obtained illegally, which gun 'control' will not fix. I think eventually I would come to the conclusion that the only way to prevent future situations like these is to examine the part mental illness plays and figure out what can be done to not only protect society, but also honor individual's rights (even the mentally ill).

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• There are no easy solutions to this problem, but taking rights away from law abiding citizens is not something I think I would consider. It is one of the things that sets our country apart from others.

Also, a quick look at history and gun 'control' tells me that this is never going to be something I am 'for'.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• @ Rose. Ok, thanks- i do gloss over those non linkable things. But that one is from the 13th. Not yesterday.
    And in regards to the OPs "Most" comment.
    Where are those comments supporting her claim?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:03 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• I also know that when shit goes bad I call a number where they send men and women equipped with GUNS to either protect or serve me.

clapping

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:06 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• I do too feral.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:07 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• why the hell is this question still up here.... the gun did not walk itself to the child and kill it.. hate to tell you sry ass people like that steal guns and buy guns off the street.. gun safty my ass.. there are dirty cops that will hand someone on the street a gun. so it doesnt matter. there is nothing anyone can do. theres always going to be dumbasses that get a hold of things they should and do stupid things. its the people that need to be work with and helped not guns.. this dumbass question needs to be taking down. no one wants to sit here and think about their children dead. you need help just for thinking about it.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 9:12 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• BTW, idiocy would be creating and passing policy based on emotion instead of rational thought. Feel good policy is just there to make you feel good, it doesn't actually address real problems. So when it happens again, what will you want to ban then? What will you blame for the loss of life? How will you address the root cause? Or will you just keep going off of emotion?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• hate to tell you sry ass people like that steal guns

The guns the OP are whining about were stolen, stolen after the thief murdered the owner to get them.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:21 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• The guns the OP are whining about were stolen, stolen after the thief murdered the owner to get them.

oh wow go figure.. "rolls eyes" ..... thats all it takes..
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 15, 2013