If your child was murdered in the SandyHook massacre or any of the recent shootings

and you saw their body dismembered, would your view on gun control be different?  In the Sandy Hook massacre, the first shot to the last shot took less than 5 minutes. 152 bullets 30 round magazine 4 times.
If Adam Lanza had only 10 round magazine available to him, he would have had to load 14 times. Its very possible more children would be alive today. We the people have had ENOUGH!

http://articles.courant.com/2013-03-13/news/hc-newtown-lanza-mass-murderers-20130313_1_adam-lanza-nancy-lanza-lanza-s-newtown

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Mar. 15, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• If my child was murdered in Sandy Hook I'd tell you to go fuck yourself for trying to politicize my child's death.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:06 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• I'm with NP. I'd also like to know if you understand the meaning of the word dismembered, because it has nothing to do with guns. Perhaps people would consider your point more valid if you used the appropriate words instead of trying to make it even more sensational by using big scary words that don't actually have anything to do with the situation you're referring to.

wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• If I saw that happen to my child's body, I probably wouldn't have a stand on gun control because I would have committed suicide by now. But I still believe guns don't kill; people kill. And I still believe you are trying to use the most horrible, gruesome, graphic, shocking language you can to sensationalize the deaths of innocent children and thereby achieve your political ends. Shame on you!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:28 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• OP, did you click the link and read the definition, hon? You really should. The exact definition of dismembered is: to cut off or disjoin the limbs, members, or parts of.

Also, how precisely do you know what a 6-year-old girl's body looks like after being shot? Are you running around shooting children? You seem to know an awful lot about what would happen. In fact, I'd say your fascination, given the level of detail you provide, is downright disturbing. Perhaps you should seek a doctor's help with your obsession. Just a thought.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:26 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• Um, put me down with NP^^^
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:06 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• No, my children's deaths and dismemberment based on the OP would cause me to be a more vocal advocate for mental health care. Not gun control.
    These school shooters have one thing in common. Not the fact that they used guns, but the fact that they were all recognizably mentally disturbed.

In fact, all mass/ serial murderers have a mental imbalance.
    The weapon of choice is of no consequence.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:34 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• No one can have a discussion with name calling or trying to make the other person look stupid.

This was never intended to be a discussion, that was obvious from the OP. S/he's having a hissy because nobody agreed.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:52 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• Oh, and if you intend to use MY name, then at least have enough courage to speak with your own name. Otherwise, don't dare use my name as if you know me.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• "Most" people believe some guy was killed by hanging on an exposed post and came back to life 3 days later. That doesn't make them medical experts.

"Most" people believe if you eat pop rocks and drink a carbonated beverage, you'll be injured by the reaction. . That doesn't make them chemists.

"Most" people believe the internet is anonymous. That doesn't make them IT experts.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• It's hard to say what I would feel if my child were murdered. However, after grieving for a period of time and getting past the worst part of my loss and learning to live my days without my child in my life I would have to look hard at my own motives for wanting what I want. While I understand that many people find guns threatening and scary, I also know that when shit goes bad I call a number where they send men and women equipped with GUNS to either protect or serve me. I can rationally look around and see that there are many crimes committed with firearms that were obtained illegally, which gun 'control' will not fix. I think eventually I would come to the conclusion that the only way to prevent future situations like these is to examine the part mental illness plays and figure out what can be done to not only protect society, but also honor individual's rights (even the mentally ill).

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2013