Do you watch movies (or tv shows) after you've read the book?

I try not to, but sometimes I give in anyway, and I don't know why. I can think of maybe 3 instances where I didn't hate the media version of a book, but far more where they destroy it, to the point they shouldn't attach it to the same title as the book.

(why yes, I did finally get around to watching the Hunger Games tonight, what a pile o' crap)

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 11:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2013 in Entertainment

• The last few years (with the exception of a few) I've actually read the book/s after watching the movie/s. Which has been better because instead of hating the movie, I can appreciate the book.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:28 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• I have and have always been disappointed. I read Hunger Games and saw the movie as well. HUGE mistake!
    I enjoyed the book but the movie just ruined it!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:28 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• Not usually. I've found the movies or TV shows sadly lacking if I've read the books first.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• I always do. As for the Hunger Games, I'm a huge fan of the series and if you take the movie with a grain of salt, which is necessary when it comes to a movie, it's not that bad to me. They got some things wrong, some things right. Sounds right on par for a movie version of a book.

I really like the tv show Game of Thrones. Love the series, but with each book so long its natural that they condense and change the story slightly. I'm happy with what changes have been made and don't think they take away from the storyline at all.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• I've actually read the book/s after watching the movie/s.

I've been doing that with Game of Thrones, though they're so far away from the books now, I don't know how much it will matter after this season.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 11:33 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• The only film I've seen that was even better than the book was A Room With A View and that is only because E.M. Forester wrote very visually and probably would have been a film maker if the technology was readily available in the 1800's.

tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 11:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• i wont go see a movie made from a Stephen King story ever again after seeing The Myst. i did enjoy the first Chronicles of Narnia movie that did Lion, Witch, Wardrobe...but then i hadnt read that since i was a kid so i didnt remember the specifics.

ive learned its best to watch the movie then read the book...cause then the book is like an extended version of the movie instead of the movie leaving out the good stuff from the book.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:36 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• Sometimes but not often.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:36 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• I don't read a lot- but the ones I have read that were made into movies didn't bother me- I see them as two different things really and I get that the movie won't be the same.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:42 PM on Mar. 15, 2013

• I have to read the book first. If I see the movie first I can't bother putting up with reading an entire book when I know what happens.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 11:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2013