ALERT - potential virus

My DH just took a look at an e-mail I got. It was from an Anthony William (yeah right) stating that he had seen my profile on facebook (yeah right)... Since I don't have one, I asked DH to take a look at it. He said that his company had a problem with this and it is a link to a page that infects your computer with a virus that steals your personal info and attempts to use your addres book to propogate itself.... beware!!!!!

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 1:51 AM on Mar. 16, 2013 in Technology

• Thanks for the warning.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:57 AM on Mar. 16, 2013

• Unless you're expecting an email from someone you know don't open them to see what's in them just delete them. If it was from someone you know they'll either ask if you got it or send it to you again.
    amclarney

Answer by amclarney at 4:07 AM on Mar. 18, 2013

• A lot of people have the Yahoo virus. When will people learn not to open emails from people they don't know, that look suspicious, or that they're not expecting? I got several of these from friends with Yahoo accounts and deleted them without even opening them, which saved me big time. If you're not sure, then call and ask. If they're not that close to you, delete it. It probably wasn't important anyway.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 5:40 AM on Mar. 17, 2013

• Thanks for the heads up. I hate these stupid virus spreading hackers. My Yahoo email acct. got compromised & they were able to send emails to everyone I'd ever sent an email to. I took my computer in the next day to get checked out & have more security installed. Plus I had to change all my passwords. I just hope anyone who may have opened it thinking it was from me, didn't get a virus.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:06 AM on Mar. 16, 2013

• People who write viruses like that should have all of their fingers chopped off with a dull axe.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:05 AM on Mar. 16, 2013