So sick of everyone complaining.

I am so sick of everyone complaining about everything. Yes this financial crisis sucks, but seriously whining your ass off isn't going to change anything.
Am I upset that my husband's tuition assistance has been canceled ? Of course, but I am I going to piss and moan about it all day every day? No.
I am a little chilly since they started the no heat/no cool season early this year? Yes, but I put a sweater on, I don't bitch and moan about how fucking cold it is. Because seriously, it is really only cold at night, and still 40 isn't that cold, but an extra blanket on the bed and cover up.
Do the cut backs affect me? Of course, and yes I really don't like it. I think that Congress members should be the ones seeing the affect of the cut backs, they don't need to make $500,000 a year, they don't need free travel. Yet no amount of bitching and moaning about it is going to change that this base has to cut 51% out of it's budget for the rest of this fiscal year. Be glad that you have a damn pay check, you get medical care for pennies, and then complain when the doctor tells you to go the BX to get Tylenol or Benadryl. You don't pay for housing, or utilities.

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 7:38 AM on Mar. 16, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Hi AF! Now you make me feel guilty for bitching about how cold it is here.....

sigh.....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:50 AM on Mar. 16, 2013

• Maybe we haven't been complaining loudly enough. Because nothing is changing & the ones who need to listen - aren't! You might be paying pennies for your health care, but there's a lot of us who aren't. We are paying an arm & a leg for our coverage. We are paying more for less in just about every aspect of our lives - gas, groceries, etc. When we stop complaining & accept the crap that's been shoveled upon us, is when we have given up. I'm not doing that.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• I think I would be more upset with the base command than with Congress, if they are losing 51% of their budget for the rest of the year. It isn't like they didn't know about the possibility of this sequester happening or anything. Why didn't they take some measures at the beginning of the FY, just in case..... I believe that some federal departments and agencies did so. Not too many, but some did, so they won't feel the effects quite as hard. I get that they go by baseline budgeting and all that, but if they start by making some decisions that could delay some spending UNTIL they knew what would happen, make some provisions ahead of time, that could alleviate a lot of the pinch that is being felt now. I don't know, but that is what I would have done if I knew there was a CHANCE that my budget could be cut in the near future.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:48 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• I think that Congress members should be the ones seeing the affect of the cut backs, they don't need to make $500,000 a year, they don't need free travel.

Umm, house and senate members make no where near $500,00 per year, in fact they make less than $200,000. They also don't get free travel for the most part, except maybe the speaker, and Boehner actually stills flies on regular airplanes, not military like Pelosi did.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 7:19 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• I don't know AF, I'm kind pissed the commissary at Lackland is going to be closed in Wednesdays. That was the day I go. :p

I know what you mean. This is out of our hands and we can't do shit about it,
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:32 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• I am trying not to complain been looking for a job for six months I am about to move into a homeless shelter program so I can have a safe place to stay . Its been hard but I graduate in sixteen months. I guess not so much complaining as trying to not be frustrated.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:29 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• :( 40 is pretty cold! I'll complain for you. BRRR!!!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:07 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• No offense but isn't this post complaining about complaining?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Mar. 16, 2013

• Okay, I get it now. I never realized the military did that.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:57 AM on Mar. 16, 2013

• Here in Japan the bases shut off the air and heat during the spring and the fall, to conserve energy. They turned the heat off a little earlier than normal this year, so now everyone is complaining that they actually have to to bundle up. Its like 70 during the day, but they still complain that their kids have to go to school when there is no heat.
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 8:50 AM on Mar. 16, 2013