I'm worried about my second baby... What can I do to ease this anxiety?

I have a two year old son and am 14 weeks pregnant with my second baby. I'm so worried that I'll choose favorites or my son won't take well to his new sibling.

How do I prepare? :/

KimmyDaring

Asked by KimmyDaring at 11:53 AM on Mar. 16, 2013 in General Parenting

• There's not really a way to prepare, but know that almost every mom goes through this fear You just have to have faith that things will work themselves out. You're going to hear it a million times, but that's because it's true - the amount of love you have for your children will just grow with each new addition to the family. No one gets cheated by having a sibling. If anything you're providing a valuable gift for your oldest.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:37 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• Ginger's answer really covered it well. You won't choose favorites. You will find what's new, different and unique about each child. Every time you have a baby it's as if you never had one before! Things will be different. What applies with child 1 won't apply to child 2.

So go into this as if you've NEVER been to this rodeo before. And you'll find those aspects of uniqueness.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• So normal! I was so afraid that I could never love the new baby as much as I loved my daughter. You grow more love!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2013