Would you test yet? NOT AM I PREGNANT!

period 2 days late
unprotected sex 16 days ago

Am currently in a hard cast on my ankle foot up to knee and would have to ask my husband or the babysitter to go buy it so I don't want to both with that mess unless I think the timing is kosher. thoughts please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Mar. 16, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• Wait for nex late peroid.

Answer by louise2 at 2:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• When do you get the cast off? It won't hurt anything to wait awhile. Feel better soon.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:50 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• I'd at least wait another week or two. Two days late, in a cast - could just be stress, too. I'd give it more time.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 2:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• i wouldn't pop any pain meds if I was pregnant of course. I am semi housebound right now, physical therapist comes 3x a week to help me stretch

I have 3 kids and the first was a set of twins via a little lab help so we knew within like 11 days it was a success. 4 years later one day I had trouble shaving my legs in the shower (bending) and was shocked to learn was almost 22 weeks pregnant. After that my periods become super regular so being 2 days late is weird. However, I've never had a "normal" pregnancy
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• Well, depending on what medications you are taking for pain/etc- you may want to test so you can make sure they are safe
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• I'd wait. Worst case if the wait is really killing you, have your DH go. I wouldn't want to ask a babysitter to do anything of such a personal nature.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• You rinjury can very well have messed up your cycle. Stress will do that. I'd wait till you were one week late.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• Me personally, I would test, but that's because I had to start taking Progesterone right after I ovulated. I was testing at 10 dpo. At two days late, if you are pregnant, you should get a positive test. It wouldn't hurt at this point to test, and it also wouldn't hurt to wait.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:57 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• I would wait at least a week.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 4:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• 2 days late should be pretty accurate if you are pregnant. Everyone has had great input. I agree that knowing might be good form a medication stand point but I also agree that it very well could be stress making you late. This is a tough call. I do feel like if you tested, even in the next couple of days, your result would be pretty accurate- pos or neg.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2013