Is this really true?

My SO and I have been TTC for about a year now without success. I read online that there are only a couple days in the month that you can actually conceive. Is this really true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• yes and it depends on when yOu ovulate.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:11 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Yes, it's true. It depends on when you ovulate and there are about 2-3 days, maybe 4 depending on certain things.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 11:22 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Yes. But after a year of actively trying, youmay want to seek help from a RE.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Update to my ?: My SO drives a tractor trailer so we're only together Sat and Sun. I know this does not help matters either. That's why my ? about the 2 days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• yes it's called your ovulation period. there's websites where you can plug in your information and it'll tell you your ovulation dates. goodluck
    rgie_wermager

Answer by rgie_wermager at 11:59 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• usually 14 days after your period, you will ovulate. try keeping track of your cycles to get pregnant. count day one when you srat your period, have sex on day 10-17. good luck.
    Anonymous

• The sperm has to be there to fertilize the egg when you ovulate. Sperm can last in there for up to 5 days, but you're most likely to have success in the 2-3 days before you ovulate.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:00 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• also if you want boy vs girl- boy sperm is a faster swimmer so you want to have sex on actual ovulation days. if you have sex before ovulation and some "holdover" sperm meets the egg it will more than likely be a girl, because as in real life the females survive longer....hehe.. I know it doesn't answer the question but I just found that out so I wanted to share.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 3:06 PM on Feb. 16, 2009