Sports?

Do any of you mommies have your kids in a sport on plan on putting your kids in a sport this spring/summer? If so which sport are they in and if they aren't in one which one are they leaning towards? Do you think baseball is a fun sport for a soon to be 5 year old?
I want to put my DS in baseball of course i will not force him to play this sport if he doesn't want to, he can chose whatever he wants. I just want him to fun this summer and to meet other little kids:) So he won't be bored.

mylovelylife

Asked by mylovelylife at 5:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My kids found T-ball incredible boring at that age... both started Soccer at 5 & love it!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:48 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• We started soccer at 4. This will be her third year playing and she loves it!

I have one firm rule. She can pick 2 activities per year. Currently it's scouts and soccer. If she signs up for it, she will finish the season. Quitting isn't allowed during season.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 5:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• Mine is in a fitness program at her school one day a week, and I'd like to get her into swimming lessons. But I think she's still a bit young for a team sport. Athletics was pushed very hard in my family growing up, and my sister is still a maniac about sports. My nephew is sometimes in four or five at once. If my daughter wants to compete, I'll back her all the way, but I won't push her into it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• Thank you ladies i just don't want him to be bored. He goes to his dads house every other weekend and i guess he takes him out to play soccer and baseball. He always comes back and tells me about it and how much fun he had so thats why I'm planning on putting him in a sport. We tried soccer last year and he didn't like it he is very shy.
    mylovelylife

Comment by mylovelylife (original poster) at 5:57 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• DS has done soccer, baseball and football so far. He loved all of them. He started when he was 4. He continued with baseball and will start basketball this year. Some kids love T-ball and some don't. I would try it and see how he does.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• My son turned 4 in November. We started soccer this spring. We plan to do basketball in the fall and then anything else he wants to try from there until he finds something he loves and wants to pursue. I don't think one season to introduce kids to any sport is ever a waste. He really looks forward to Saturday mornings when he gets to go play!

Answer by missanc at 3:53 PM on Mar. 17, 2013