How do you feel about illegal immigration and the role INS and Border Patrol play?

My boyfriend has been accepted and shipped off to the Border Patrol Academy. I want to know how a major cross section of women feel about Border Patrol Agents and the job they do. Do you feel it is an important job? Do you respect what these men and women do? Are you angry with the Agents for their impact on the smuggling of people, weapons and drugs in this country? Would you ever disrespect someone or their family for being an Agent?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think what they do is wonderful. A good friend of ours works for US Customs and Border Patrol. He works in the Dallas/Fort Worth airport. We are very proud of him and the work everyone does to keep our country safe and make sure things are done correctly. I have no problem with people moving to this country, as long as they do it legally. I have a lot of respect for all of the agents.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 11:21 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I honestly do not know enough about INS and US Customs to form an opinion, but I imagine it is a hard job.
    I do have to say that I am aggravated with illegal immigration up here in northern VA so close to DC - it's ridiculous!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:35 PM on Feb. 16, 2009