Under Neck Rash?!?!

My 4 month old has a rash under his neck...he is quite a chunker. Well the rash doesn't seem to bother him and it isn't gettin worse, but DH is worried. I do my best to keep it dry and clean but how can I get it to go away? We try to let him air out but his neck and chin are so chunky he still doesn't get a lot of air to it??

My2BoyznMe0508

Asked by My2BoyznMe0508 at 11:09 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• but baby powder or butt paste in the crack after bathing wipe it out after feeding because its probably milk/sweat etc built up my little man is a chunker as well and this is what I did and he never had any issues after that, the redness went away and now that hes starting to thin out with crawling etc he hasn't had any further issues
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 11:11 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• My daughter is almost two months old and has had a little bumpy rash under her neck since she was about a week old. It doesn't seem to bother her either. Weird! I asked her ped and they said to not worry about it. I was wondering if maybe she was allergic to Dreft or something...I dunno. It doesn't appear anywhere else on her body. My mom told me to try baby powder to keep it dry and such. If you figure out a solution, let me know!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:13 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Use CORNSTARCH. I know it sounds ridiculous, but seriously. Wipe it clean and dry it really well and put cornstarch all over it. Keep doing that until he holds his head up enough that he doesn't hide crumbs in his neck. My daughter had this problem for a long time. The cornstarch takes it right away.
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 11:14 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Johnsons Cornstarch powder works great. Change his shirt if it gets soggy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• My son got that way for awhile too. We make sure we clean well under his "chins" and now he wears bibs to keep him dry. We change it if it gets too wet. I t cleared up in a couple of days.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:06 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• my niece had a big problem with that. We used baby powder and wiped it down daily. Bibs are a good option too to keep any drool or formula or whatever out of the creases of his skin. Just watch it carefully, if it gets really red or he starts to show discomfort take him to the doc.. he can get a yeast infection under there very easily!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• johnsons all purpose cream
    Lauren2008

Answer by Lauren2008 at 12:59 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i would ask your ped to look at it. sometimes they can get yeast under there and it requires a prescription cream.
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 11:26 PM on Feb. 18, 2009