Torn between my husband and another man. adult content

i love my husband and im not acting out on anything with guy #2 but i think i am fallin inlove with him. we go out on friendly movie dates that my husband approves of bcz this guy was in my life 10 yrs before my husband was.thats all we do once every other month or so. just so we can catch up. how would you handle this i did not go out with him last night i told him i was sick. what would you do? bash away

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Mar. 16, 2013 in Relationships

• My advice is to stop being torn and stop seeing him. You are lucky you have a trusting husband and should not abuse that trust. Just because nothing physical is happening it doesn't make it ok.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 7:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• Stop putting you and you husband's relationship in harms way.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 7:41 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• Stop going out alone with the guy. I don't think friends of the opposite sex are bad, but my husband and I have agreed that we don't go out with one opposite sex friend at a time. If it's a group thing, fine. If my husband goes along (or I go with him), fine. But not alone one on one with another man, ever.
    Spend the time you would have gone out with the other guy spending time with your husband. Go on a date with him, or have a movie night at home, or play some silly board games together - anything to reconnect with him and remember why HE is the one you chose to marry.

Answer by missanc at 7:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• I think you need to examine why you are developing feelings for this other man. What is he fulfilling in your life that your DH is not? There has to be a reason why these feelings are happening. Then you need to either figure out how to fix it on your own, or have an honest talk with your DH and say I am dissatisfied with this part of our relationship, and for the sake of our marriage we need to work on this ourselves, or with a counselor.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 8:07 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• stop going out with the friend alone. put some distance between you two. you cant help your feelings toward someone but you can control what you do. if you still want to be friends with him then maybe have a date with your husband and him w/ a date.. always make sure someone is around so things do not go too far.. sometimes ur feelings get in your way and you make mistakes so just watch it

Anonymous

• Dance with the one who brought ya.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• Why in the world are you and your ex hanging out? Why in the world is he letting you? WHO CARES if that
    man was in your life 10 years before your husband!!! He's not your husband NOW!!!

Quit putting your marriage in jeopardy. Quit hanging out with this guy. And if you can't, you need
    To reevaluate your relationship.
    StepMom2011

Answer by StepMom2011 at 12:50 AM on Mar. 17, 2013

• Time to stop going out with this guy. Having more then just friend feeling for this guy is not good. And you now it.

Answer by louise2 at 7:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• Whats wrong with your husband? Not too many men would approve of this.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:57 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• start concentrating on your husband and not the other man.
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 12:29 PM on Mar. 17, 2013