Did you see the movie W.?

I just saw it a couple nights ago. I have to say I was very disappointed. I have never been a support of W, in fact I thought he was a terrible president and often gag on his name. That being said I thought the movie was an unfair portrayal of his character. I was hoping for a serious look inside the life of a sitting president. Instead I got terrible repeats of "That's My Bush." It was horrible. Josh Brolin did an okay job with what he had, but the writing and the directing were just rotten. Did you see it? What did you think and how (generally) do you feel about the man?

beckcorc

Asked by beckcorc at 11:16 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• George W Bush jr I will just say it appears he is no longer the President but you will insist on dragging his name through the mudd till the end of time I guess."

I said the movie was unfair to him. My point isn't that I hate him, it's that despite the fact that I hate him I STILL felt like the movie did him an injustice. I guess I could have left out the gagging on his name bit, but my point stands. I'm not trying to drag him through the mud, I was just wondering how many people hated Bush but, like me, were not impressed by this portrayal of him.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:35 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• No I have not seen the movie.Rather then get into a cyber brawl over our differences in opinion of George W Bush jr I will just say it appears he is no longer the President but you will insist on dragging his name through the mudd till the end of time I guess.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Haven't seen it. But I do think that Oliver Stone has lost his touch lately.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• It's nice to hear you say that. And no I haven't seen the movie because I KNEW it would be unfair and didn't want to yell at the screen lol.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:40 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• That is because the liberal leaning media will not allow anything good Bush did to be recognized.They insist on demonizing the man and have for a few yrs now.Many have eaten it up too and taken every bit of it as fact.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I have no desire to see a movie that is not based in fact directed by a known liberal. . .

I saw the previews, and I knew exactly what it was going to be. I won't go watch one about Obama, either, if the media ends their love affair with him. It's simply inflammatory, and that's all it's intended to be.

I'm glad to see many people recognizing this, including those who were not fans of the man. No one gets a fair shake in the media anymore. They put a huge spin on everyone- if they like you, you can do no wrong, but if they hate you, only God can help you.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:16 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I am a Bush supporter and my husband and I walked out of the movie. It was boring lol! I think that Olive Stone maybe tried to show him in a different light? Make him human for those who metaphorically speaking feel otherwise? He was a normal frat kid, held to high standards by his political father, in all actuality, a normal person who deals with the same stresses if not more than the rest of us. I think it was trying to show where he came from. I still think the movie was awful and not worth the free gift card we got for Christmas LOL.
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 3:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Oliver Stone is a liberal and he does have an unfair slant on things. He made the movie Platoon about Viet Nam and it was horrible the way he portrayed our men. My husband served in Viet Nam for 2 tours and he hates the guy.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 3:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• My husband (active duty Army) and I went to see this movie. We read alot of reviews and understood that it was not a Bush bashing session. I actually left the movie feeling somewhat guilty. It didn't demonize him at all, in fact It really humanized him. I think as citizens we forget that people even presidents are people. It was about his life more than his political career. It showed the path of his life, and basically why he ended up being president of the United States. It showed him as a man that was strong in his convictions regardless of the media. Even though Stone is a known liberal, he did a masterful job of not reiterating the same liberal dribble that so many in this post loathe. The movie gave me insight and perspective that I had not previously explored. I could understand why some people might not enjoy this because of how it was filmed, it was intentionally disjointed, but we really enjoy movies like that.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 4:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Nah! I can't seem to get behind ANY Hollywood and/or celebrity endorsed interpretations of US presidents (past or present), the environment, religions or terrorists...I am equal opportunity boycotter of such drivel...does that make me an snob?! LOL!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2009