Help with tech i pad

got an i pad a few weeks ago
today it suddenly will not connect to WiFi
when i place in password, it says -incorrect password/dismiss

called apple support- no help, then want to erase everything and start from scratch
they say it must be the WiFi connection...but here i am on the desktop computer- connected to same wifi
so if i call the wifi server people, they will ask what my question is- and i will tell them wifi working on desktop but not ipad...they will tell me to call the ipad folks

i am going to library tomorrow- so i will try their connection

any ideas
i have
- turned it off then on
- went to setting/general/reset/ and did reset network settings

is there a problem with apple i pad?

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 10:27 PM on Mar. 16, 2013 in Technology

• Have you tried restarting your wireless router?

A lot of the time when one or more of my "things" starts acting wonky it's because something's gotten messed up in the router. Unplug it, wait like 10 seconds, and then plug it back in. HOPEFULLY that fixes your problem.

Also, double check that the caps lock is off on the iPad. I know you know passwords are case sensitive :)
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• will turn the desk top off
    then unplug everything and start over again- hope this fixes the snag

i tried the caps lock more than once
    and looked at that stupid password number on bottom of wifi box at least a dozen times

thanks rosehawk
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 10:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• Most likely a problem with your internet connection settings on the ipad. Check the properties, the encryption type, etc. Also, ensure that the connection is set to the highest hierarchy (you to connect to that connection automatically and move it to the top of the list). Call an Apple retail store if you want faster answers. It's what they are there for and supposedly trained on.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 5:48 AM on Mar. 17, 2013

• Good luck. I HATE it when my modem and/or router screw up. And, they screw up at least once a month. It's such a PITA to fix it all.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:19 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• very stupid question but are u 100% certain your password is right? I know ours for the iPad is so long it would be a DISASTER if we got an error
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2013