Purple puddle!

My five-year-old threw a pillow at her daddy, all in good fun, except Daddy was holding a glass of Mike's Hard Punch. Now there's a puddle of sticky purple goo all over the blue recliner, the light tan-colored carpet, and the TV remote. Is there anything that will take out the stains? Will the remote dry out and work again?

I hate this carpet. It would have been fine if I were going to live alone in this condo, which I had intended to when I bought it, but it's terrible for kids who spill suff.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 11:13 PM on Mar. 16, 2013 in Home & Garden

• or this:

Vinegar. All you have to do is pour white vinegar on it and let it soak for 1-2 minutes. Then get a wash rag on put it over it to soak up the liquid. If you have a wet/dry vaccuum, that would work better to get the wetness out of your carpet. If you carpet then smells like vinegar, just get warm water and pour over and soak it up! This will fix your problem.! Good Luck.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:59 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• vacuum the remote and then stick it in rice (just like a cell phone)
    sop /blot everything else up and use resolve/ oxyclean etc.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:58 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• Ballad, I was just searching around Pinterest and found this.   I remembered your question from this morning:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5101584_koolaid-out-white-carpet.html

It might be something you could use.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:58 PM on Mar. 17, 2013