I must have been out of my mind!! :p

I agreed to let my dau have her biggest party & sleepover to date! Including her, I have ten 5th grade girls here. We took them to a science center, my dau's basketball game (found out on Wed that it was a 5pm game :/ They were always in the mornings last year- go figure) Then it was back home for pizza, cake & ice cream. They actually seemed to be getting along when I finally went to bed. But the house is in a bit of disarray & I have bodies everywhere- making it hard to walk! lol :p I was awake at midnight, b/c the dogs went out & the oldest dog needs help getting up the stairs. Well, she stepped in poop & tracked it into the house. I spent a 1/2 hr. just cleaning her paw & the floor. I''ve been up since 4 am b/c husb. is snoring so loud & girls were still awake. I don't know when I will get a chance for a nap, but I WILL get one! So, any of you have some interesting sleep over stories to share?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 7:03 AM on Mar. 17, 2013 in General Parenting

• Wow. You are either extremly brave or crazy! Lol!

My dd is on a sleepover and I'm wide awake when I could be sleeping.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 7:17 AM on Mar. 17, 2013

• Well, if she is turning 10 then you are in the one-child-per-year-of-age party guest guideline! lol (I always wondered if that total is supposed to INCLUDE the birthday child, or be in ADDITION to the birthday child. This was a big question for a 2 or 3 year old's party, but I think by age 10 it's probably a wash!)

Sounds like you/they have survived the experience. If they still were awake at 4 a.m., you may have a quiet morning (and a late breakfast!) at your house. And I hope none of their parents made any plans for today, lol!
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 7:42 AM on Mar. 17, 2013

• Lol at the poop. There just has to be some kind of bodily issue at every party right? I have been up since 2. Staring at my baby. Drinking ginger ales. Haven't had a sleepover yet.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:12 AM on Mar. 17, 2013

• Eeekkss! I am so sorry. Here's hoping you get your much deserved nap today. I never really did the sleep over thing, but I do admire you for doing so.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:24 AM on Mar. 17, 2013

• I haven't braved that battle yet. You deserve a Purple Heart, at least, maybe a medal for valor as well.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:38 AM on Mar. 17, 2013

• I miss being a kid!! :-)
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:27 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• Oh dear! What a night. Here's a link to my closed question in answer to yours. Lol! That has never happened again! I still shudder at the thought. Poop and sleepovers, two things that you don't want together!!

Link to What the?

tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 12:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• Lol. I can laugh about it now...sort of. I hope you get some rest. Delays are good. :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 5:51 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• OMG! tess- I just read that. I guess I should consider myself lucky! lol :p I managed to get about a 2 hour nap. All girls were gone by 3:30 & my dau is currently asleep. I feel like I could use another 1 hr nap or something, :p Hoping for a 2 hour delay in the am :)
    mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 5:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2013