What are the chances of getting pregnant after a vasectomy?

The reason I ask is cause my husband had one pack in june and now its march and the way I am feeling lately is freaking me out. I had him get done because we have 3 girls now 8 5 and almost 20 months I can't afford another one and cause I have anxiety so I thought it would be best not to have anymore. I however don't believe in abortion if I am pregnant so I don't know what to do. The reason I think I might be is cause with my first born first sign I got was car sickness I actually got it 2 weeks before I was due for a period I also actually found out I was for sure pregnant before my period wwas due with 2 weeks before. I have been feeling car sickness for about a week now to were I come back home. The last 2 or 3 days I been feeling dizzy or nauseas and the last week I been having a headache. I don't know what I will do if I am pregnant but what are the chances? I haven't tested yet cause I am not due for a period until the 26th I did find out this early with my firast though but I am kind of afraid what it will be so I am pretty much waiting for my period first

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Mar. 17, 2013 in Health

• Link below is helpful.  Has he had a sperm count done?  Wishing you all the best

http://www.webmd.com/sex/birth-control/vasectomy-14387

silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 9:03 AM on Mar. 17, 2013

• Yes two times once in september then the last in november and boh were none so we had the ok to not use anything
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:11 AM on Mar. 17, 2013

• My sister was conceived after my dad had a vasectomy. My husband works with 3 guys who had to have their vasectomy done twice because it didn't work the first time. Has he had the sperm count done? 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:12 AM on Mar. 17, 2013

• You might want to have a checkup soon, especially if the dizziness and headaches continue.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 9:13 AM on Mar. 17, 2013

• Pregnant or not, I would be seing a doctor about htose symptoms. Many things can cause you to feel light--headedness, nausea and headaches. Anything from the flu to high blood pressure or even just stress in general. Best to get a check out. Even if it is just stress you may benefit from some anti anxiety medication.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:11 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• The failure rate is 0.025% after a clear count, and it has happened as late as 17 months after the procedure.  http://www.vasectomy-information.com/articles/october2006.htm

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• I am already on aniexty meds.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:51 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• one of my friends got pregnant after her husband had one.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:20 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• The chances are slim to none.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:03 AM on Mar. 18, 2013