OK.... who's cooking corned beef & cabbage today??

I am!! This is one of may favorite meals, and since this is when corned beef is cheapest I bought two!

Talk to me about your boiled dinner.... what do you include?

Corned beef, cabbage, carrots and potatoes for me. I'll toss a whole onion in there too if I remembered to buy one. Sometimes I'll add turnip, but I forgot to gram one... UGH!

Crafty26

Asked by Crafty26 at 11:02 AM on Mar. 17, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Yes! I boil it. I bought the point cut instead of flat cut. I hope it's the better cut. I couldn't remember. I fell back on my, "Something with a point is better than something flat" rule. LOL ;0)

PS- Carrots, potatoes, cabbage and an onion will be boiled as well. Hope it's good!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 12:19 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• Nope. I was thinking of making cabbage rolls, but not sure if we'll be home for dinner anyway.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• Not me, I actually made cabbage rolls last weekend.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:05 AM on Mar. 17, 2013

• Oh yes we are having this tonight.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:07 AM on Mar. 17, 2013

• When I was a kid my mom made corned beef and cabbage and dyed everything green(milk, butter,etc.) for St. Patricks day. But I havent had this meal for many years...im not a good cook! lol. I miss it...St. Patricks day was always a big deal at our house because we are irish.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 11:50 AM on Mar. 17, 2013

• ate it last night. cooked 30lbs of it
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:58 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• We make it with beef other times during the year but usually on St. Pats we go all out and get the lamb. HP sauce is a must all the time though. ;0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:05 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• I am with turnips,cabbage,carrots,onion
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• We are, but it's not boiled. The corned beef is already baking in the oven, and later we'll be putting in the cabbage for beer braised cabbage wedges. We baked some Irish soda bread this morning, too, to go with it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:17 AM on Mar. 17, 2013

• I wanted to, but chickened out. I just made breakfast tacos for the neighbors, their kids and my step sons family. My neighbor had a sleepover with all the kids's last night. So I had to thank them. Eggs, mushrooms, scallions, andouille, and cheese tacos topped with chipotle in adobo.

PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 11:36 AM on Mar. 17, 2013