Where's a good place to buy a nightlight/ lamp for a 3 year old?

My daughter's hit the dust last night. Man, lamps are expensive! she had an aquarium fish lamp.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 5:03 PM on Mar. 17, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Ikea sells some wall-mount ones that look like moons, stars, flowers, etc, and take a narrow chandelier/ nightlight bulb.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:05 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• Target has some cute stuff.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 5:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• I LOVE IKEA and their prices are very reasonable!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• Oh man. I would live at IKEA if I could. It's an hour's drive though!
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 5:08 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• Try ebay. I got lamps for both my kids rooms & they were never used. The same ones were selling at BabiesRus for triple the price. My Son's is Noahs Ark with a bunch of animals on the base & my Daughters is pink & white with pink pompoms all around the shade. Look for "Kidsline" brand. They are really cute.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:21 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• Amazon.com or Dreamlite.com.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:01 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• My little ones both have the Dreamlites - the little animals that project the stars on the ceiling. They love them, it provides enough light for them to go to sleep to, and there's a timer on them so it shuts off )but both my 2 yo and 4 yo have figured out how to turn them back on for another 10 mins if they wake up in the night and need the light.

Answer by missanc at 6:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• she has the twilight turtle and ladybug- she needs more light.... girly gets scared waking up in the dark.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 6:17 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• I got a nice little nightlight that projects a picture (princess and castle) on the ceiling for about 7 bucks at Walmart. That and the dreamlight seem to keep DD from being scared if she wakes up.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:28 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• I was gonna mention the picture projecter ones too... but prob wouldn't be bright enough....
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 8:22 PM on Mar. 17, 2013