Teething molars

17 month son is super cranky, wants no one but me and has hardly eaten anything in a week. He basically eats yogurt and fruit pouches. Are there any things I can give him that can reach back to the molars for him to chew on or naw on without danger. Or any other suggestions

wifey000175554

Asked by wifey000175554 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 17, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Those large flat animal shaped teethers you put in the freezer? Frozen wash cloth? Poor guy.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:02 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• I used pure vanilla extract on both my kids. It is completely safe and helps with their sore gums. I agree with the frozen washcloth too. Good luck hun.
    Amanda_Jo1209

Answer by Amanda_Jo1209 at 6:08 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• Vanilla extract, if indeed pure, contains a fair amount of alcohol.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:23 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• a frozen carrot? supervised for breakage. a popsicle?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• What about those mesh teether thingies? I don't know what they're called, but you can find them in the baby aisle. They have a ring handle and a bag part made of fine mesh that you can put ice cubes in, or frozen banana slices or grape halves. They feel good on the gums, taste refreshing, and get your baby used to fruits. Their only drawback is they get sticky if you put fruit in them, so keep a wipe or washrag handy. I mostly just put ice in them, and my five-year-old loves sucking and crunching on ice to this day.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:58 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• get a rag wet with water put some sugar on it and put it in the freezer
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 12:00 AM on Mar. 18, 2013

• DS managed to get through teething without any visible signs of pain. We attribute it to his wearing a Baltic amber teething necklace since he was a few months old...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 2:53 AM on Mar. 18, 2013