Went to our local RV show,,, adult content

It was at our state fair grounds. Their was a gun show going on their to in a different building. So we decided to go over and look at the guns. After we looked at all the RV's.  WOW! They had all sorts of guns, rifles. Those kind that they are trying to make illegal.

It took less then an hour to buy 2 hand guns. They did do a quick back ground check on me.  It was not that hard to do at  gun show.

My DH say it usually  takes a week to  do a back ground check to get a gun.

What do you think ?

Asked by louise2 at 6:02 PM on Mar. 17, 2013 in Just for Fun

• They have a system or program that allows you to put your fingers on a sensor & it gets the image of your fingerprint to the State or Federal site to get verificaiton on your background. You get a response in less than an hour.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• Your DH is misinformed. Some states have mandatory waiting periods, but the info needed to do the check is a mouse click away.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:17 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• I have no idea, I've never been to one. I'm going to get one from a shop here in town and then take shooting lessons though.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:08 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• Like NP said, depends on the state's waiting period, which is different in every state. A dealer can get the info in a few seconds once they call the background check in. A background check doesn't take all that long to perform and getting an approval or nonapproval is easy when you know what you are looking for. I worked for the Firearm Purchase Program for a few years. That is pretty much what I did all day, do background checks and approve or deny people for a purchase.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:03 AM on Mar. 18, 2013

• You obviously don't live in California.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2013