Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

I did a Monroe piercing on sat, it swelled so much I couldn't see my ball, by Monday I could see the ball but I can not find the backing! The infection that I had is now gone but the tiny whole that I was watching to try to poke backing through when swelling subsided is now gone also! I have a ball on my face and the back is closed in my face, what do I do now?

Answer Question

Asked by Momof44 at 6:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2013 in Beauty & Style

Level 2 (7 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • Go to the doctor...

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:52 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

  • wait...YOU did this yourself? or you went and had it done by a professional?

    *at this point you probably want to see a doctor

    Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:59 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

  • I went to a "professional" my daughter also did the pierce, hers is fine. What doctor do I go to? I did ask him to use a longer bar for swelling, he said I would be fine.

    Comment by Momof44 (original poster) at 7:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

  • You can call the idiot who did this to you or you can see an MD... your choice... but since you basically had a surgical procedure done and it has gone wrong as a medical professional I'd advise you see your PCP ASAP!!

    Answer by Crafty26 at 7:18 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

    this seemed to have some helpful suggestions..

    Answer by LeJane at 10:27 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

  • honestly i would call and complain to the idiots boss who did it.. and demand my money back... and go to the er... sure its going to have to be removed.. my earing got stuck weird in my ear and had to be removed out the back

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Mar. 18, 2013

  • call those who did it, failing that see a doctor

    Answer by san78 at 7:23 AM on Mar. 18, 2013

  • I had to Google monroe piercing so see what it was. Ouch.

    Answer by tasches at 6:28 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

  • I don't know what that is and I'm too scared to google it.

    Answer by PandaGwen at 6:30 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.