If your tattoo was spelled incorrectly

would you leave it, cover it up, or add a correction?

ETA: I really hope the believe "achive" guy had some chives added under the 2nd one.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 7:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I'd probably ask them to make that letter into some sort of design. It would probably make me crazy.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:40 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• LMAO! That cracks me up! Especially when she had to google it to see how it's spelled!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 7:52 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• haha, that would prob happen to me..... ugh... total cover-up/ fix asap!!!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 7:56 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• Especially when she had to google it to see how it's spelled!

The one I can't get over is where they crossed out the 2nd misspelled word, spelled it correctly above, but did such a bad job of it, it still looks like a spelling error. And then, the first spelling error is still there untouched.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 7:59 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• Horrid horrid horrid! I would PROOF-READ the tat before the ink went into it!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:00 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• i almost had one of mine spelled wrong- at my own fault too! it was an initials tattoo, and since i was so used to seeing "LMN" for Lifetime Movie Network, i always jumble up the letters when writing my daughter's full initials which are LNM. luckily my friend was with me and pointed it out- the poor artist had to go back and change it on his paper lol!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• Well I would never go to a shop where the people did not proof read or at least question spelling. Shoot for my last tattoo the artist questioned my choice in color! I let him talk and asked him his opinion and this is what he said. His words were something like this 'Are you sure this is the color you want- I feel it would look better a touch darker. I want to make sure you are happy but at the same time. This is my art. This is my tattoo. You are just the wearer. I want to make you happy, of course, but it is my job to make sure it will look pleasing when I am done.' After that I have to say. I feel any artist who misspells words takes no pride in their work. So sad. If it was me I suppose I would find a better artist to get it corrected/covered and get my money back for the original art work.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:51 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• The thing that concerns me, is that we see those errors so frequently, I bet half the people that saw them wouldn't catch them!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• I would think I picked the wrong tatooist!!!!!!
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• being as i would have done the research, and made sure i gave them the correct spelling, if it was in a spot i could watch, id be making sure they spelled it correctly. if they screwed it up id make them responsible for adjusting however they need to
    lidibolton

Answer by lidibolton at 12:21 AM on Mar. 18, 2013