Another Dumb School Assignment

Create a Dr. Seuss character from one of his books.

That's it. Period. End of story. No details. For pre-K. Create how?

Just putting this on the "Dumbest School Assignments Ever" bulletin board.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 10:33 PM on Mar. 17, 2013 in

• Yeah, clarification from teacher please! Maybe by "create" she means take a character from one of the books and make a model out of playdoh or a drawing or a lego representation or something. Still seems tricky for a pre-k kid.

I know my son would totally FAIL that assignment. He hates arts and crafts - often refuses to do it or does the bare minimum. But then again, his dad and I have discussed how if he's doing good in everything else that we think matters and he just always gets bad marks in artsy things... well, oh well. Maybe he'll grow up to go into finance or engineering or something.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 3:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Create a friend for the Lorax. Make up a name and create his story.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• pre-k homework?? Ah.... NO thank you!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• Maybe it's art homework. Recreate a charetor by drawing, painting, using different materials? Idk that what I would think.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 10:53 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• lol create a character from one of his books?? doesnt make sense.. how can you create a character if they want you to use one from the book? its already created. unless you ask your kid what he thinks the character might act like if it were real.. where would it work? what does it do for fun? etc

chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 10:36 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• Create from what?! That is awful.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:01 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• Violin
    vacuum
    vanilla
    Vest
    Velvet
    Velcro
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:16 AM on Mar. 18, 2013

• how...does one create a character...from a book? i mean i get that the teacher wants them to pick a book and make a new character for it, but thats just asked stupidly. my DD's in pre-K and the only homework they have is learning that week's letter's song and some simple letter/number tracing. good luck!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:36 AM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Ya that's pretty bad.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:11 AM on Mar. 18, 2013

• "Create a character from a Dr. Suess book."

That's impossible. The characters in the book have already been created. Honestly, I think I'd contact the teacher and tell her her instructions are not clear and she needs to send home clarification. What does she mean by "create"? Does she want words, drawings, both? There's too much that you'd have to guess at with her instructions.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:51 AM on Mar. 18, 2013